1. Autoblog
  2. Jeep
  3. Compass
  4. 2009
  5. Ratings & Reviews

2009 Jeep Compass Reviews

  • Editor Reviews
  • Expert Reviews
  • Owner Reviews
  • Questions and Answers

Economical Fun

Bsafan71 2009-02-28 08:00:25

My 2008 Compass 4x4 has not had a problem in 25,000 miles. The 5-speed manual shifts smoothly, and the clutch is light. Fuel economy is around 25 mpg in mixed driving, and will approach 30 mpg on a long highway trip. There is room for four, or else fold down the back seat and haul cargo. The Compass is solid and quiet -- it was designed back during the Daimler-Chrysler regime, and shows signs careful engineering. The compass is a crossover, and as such is not for serious stump-jumping; rather, it is more of a compact station wagon with 4-wheel drive. It handles Minnesota snow and back roads very well. I think it is fun to drive. It was very reasonably priced to buy, and economical to operate.



bobdAOL Super SUV

AOL user 2009-02-19 19:53:52

My 2008 Compass is just about perfect and I would recommend this 4x4 to anyone. The 6 Speed Autostick is a ball to drive. I have 2004 Jeep Cherokee as well and the 2.5 engine in the Compass can more that keep up with the 4.0 in the Cherokee. The body design is up to date as well as the interior. The front wheel drive coupled with the Electronic 4 wheel drive feature is super. Who says US cars are behind the imports. My fuel mileage is better than the window sticker said it would be.


Jeep Compass 4 x 4 FWD

AOL user 2009-02-19 10:51:49

Bought my Compass in December 2008 and I am so happy with my purchase. It handles wonderfully and rides smoothly. The seats are so comfortable it makes driving a real pleasure. The gas mileage on this 4 cyl is as good as my previous 4 cyl car. Visibility on the road ahead is fantastic. Now I understand why people buy SUV's. We got a great deal and I am sorry we didn't buy 2.


A great small suv for a small price.

AOL user 2009-02-06 17:16:11

I purchased my 2007 Jeep Compass Sport w/ 4-wheel drive new in August 2008. It has 6,100 miles and so far up to now its been A great little suv. I have the 5 speed standard trannie and it has been a joy to drive in the snow and slush this winter. It's ride is smooth and it handles like a dream. I went from a Gran Prix to this vehicle and I don't feel any loss of power. It actually seems easier to drive than the Pontiac. For the money this vehicle, in my humble opinion, can't be beat.


Impressive.

ScottJP717 2008-12-13 03:10:33

Love my new Compass, I've been very impressed so far, fun to drive, great on those long weekend drives, great in the snow, looks great inside and out, lots of interior room, very comfortable too. I'm very happy with my purchase so far.


Review of 2009 Jeep Compass

Raymrib 2008-11-14 13:12:51


Please consider allowing Autoblog.

Hi! We notice you're using an ad blocker. Please consider allowing Autoblog.

We get it. Ads can be annoying. But ads are also how we keep the garage doors open and the lights on here at Autoblog - and keep our stories free for you and for everyone. And free is good, right? If you'd be so kind as to allow our site, we promise to keep bringing you great content. Thanks for that. And thanks for reading Autoblog.

Here's how to disable adblocking on our site.

  • Click on the icon for your Adblocker in your browser. A drop down menu will appear.
  • Select the option to run ads for autoblog.com, by clicking either "turn off for this site", "don't run on pages on this domain", "allow this site" or similar. The exact text will differ depending on the actual application you have running.
  • Refresh the Autoblog page you were viewing. Done!

Hey again!

You still haven't turned off your adblocker or allowed our site. It only takes a few seconds.

You must be logged in to perform that action.

  • Login